Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
A two (2) years standard limited warranty or ten (10) years extended limited warranty covers:
- Any type of building or property including those owned by corporations, governmental agencies, partnerships, trusts, religious organisations, schools, condominiums, homeowner associations, cooperative housing arrangements and apartment buildings; &
- Not stored or installed within 10km of any coastlines or shores.
- Not stored or installed within 20m of swimming pools (aluminium panels excluded)
The Supplier warrants that the Product is free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Warranty Period. Fencing Components warrants the Product against cracking, peeling, blistering and corrosion, or abnormal discoloration/fading* under normal atmosphere and weather conditions. *After prolonged exposure to outdoor environments, all products will experience some gradual fading over time and is considered normal (up to a standard variation determined by Delta E colour measurement, not to exceed Delta 5). Degrees of fading vary depending on geographical location, air pollution, exposure and other factors.
Fencing Components warrants genuine products only, production markings are stamped on the underside of each fence panel which must be provided as per terms and conditions.
What this Warranty does not Cover
This limited warranty does not cover damage resulting from: misuse, abuse, improper storage or handling, improper installation, other steel products and accessories that are not manufactured by Fencing Components; impact of foreign objects, fire, earthquake, flood, lightning, hail, hurricane, tornado, high winds or other casualty or act of God; movements, distortion, collapse or settling of ground or structure on which the fence is installed; weathering/discoloration due to UV or temperature (see above); pollutants and chemicals including pool and ice removal chemicals; staining from foreign substances; exposure to salt water if proper care and maintenance is not adhered to. This limited warranty does not cover costs of removal or disposal of product, or reinstallation of replacement product, except as provided above.
What Fencing Components does to remediate the problem
Should your FC Fence product prove FC defective under warranty, visit the website or call the phone number listed below. Fencing Components requires written notice (30) days of discovering the defect and you must show original proof of purchase receipt and Warranty Confirmation. You will be required to provide to FC Fence pictures and/or samples of the defective Product. If it is determined by FC Fence, in its sole discretion, the Product has a manufacturer defect in material or workmanship, FC Fence will replace with new or equivalent products. If the Product is discontinued, FC Fence will replace the Product with a product in comparable quality or price range.
FC Fence reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products, including the color of its products without notice to the purchaser. FC Fence does not warrant that any replacement material will match or be identical to the original Product as replacement products may vary in color or gloss in comparison to the original Product as a result of normal weathering.
In order to claim under the Warranty, the purchaser must:
- Have a Warranty Confirmation from Fencing Components Pty Ltd (warranty form is applied at must be applied within 30days of date of issue invoice https://www.fencingcomponents.com.au/warranty-form/ )
- Be able to show FC Fence production markings on underside on fence panels (X19 or X20);
- Be able to show that the damage or defect has arisen solely from faulty materials or workmanship;
- Be able to show that the Product has not been misused, mistreated, damaged or neglected by physical means including but not limited to fair wear and tear, accidents or act of God after purchase;
- Be able to show that it has fulfilled its Product Maintenance Obligations;
- Be able to show that the Product has not been used in a manner inconsistent with the Prescribed Purpose;
- Be able to provide pictures and/or samples of the defective Product;
- Be able to show that the Product has not at any time been: attached to; nor fixed to
- Installed such that it is touching; Any other metallic objects or materials which are not steel;
- Be able to show that It was the original purchaser by production of the original receipt of purchase clearly showing the Date of Purchase;
- Be able to show that the Date of Purchase was on or after 1 January 2020 (as the Warranty shall not in any circumstances apply to Product purchased prior to 1 January 2020).
- Pay all transportation charges incurred in returning defective Product (or parts thereof) for repair, together with the cost of returning them to the purchaser.
Register for Warranty
To activate this warranty, fill out the product registration form on the link (https://www.fencingcomponents.com.au/warranty-form/). Registration of Product must be within thirty (30) days from date of Product purchase for warranty to be valid.
Except as expressly set forth in this warranty, FC Fence HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE, GUARANTEE OR OTHER ASSURANCE OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, RELATING TO THE PRODUCT. STATE LAW WILL DETERMINE THE PERIOD OF TIME FOLLOWING THE SALE THAT YOU MAY SEEK A REMEDY UNDER THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NO DISTRIBUTOR, DEALER OR OTHER PERSON IS AUTHORIZED BY FC FENCE TO CHANGE THIS WARRANTY OR TO MAKE ANY ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE, GUARANTEE OR OTHER ASSURANCE ON BEHALF OF FC FENCE RELATING TO THE PRODUCT. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY STATE TO STATE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND FC FENCE’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. FC FENCE’S LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL FC FENCE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
Other Important Information in Relation to the Warranty
- The Liability of the Supplier pursuant to this Warranty is (to the extent it is lawful to do so) limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the Product. The Supplier shall not in any circumstances be liable for physical or financial injury, loss or damage or for consequential loss or damage of any kind arising from the Product or its use or application by the purchaser.
- This Warranty is non-transferable and does not apply to any purchaser who bought the product from a reseller or distributor not authorized by the Supplier, including but not limited to purchases from internet auction sites.
- Should the Product prove to be irreparable, the Supplier reserves the right to substitute an equivalent product if available or to retract the Warranty if no replacement is available.
- The benefits provided to the purchaser by the Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to the purchaser
Who is Giving the Warranty?
The entity giving the Warranty is:
Fencing Components Pty Ltd
ABN 14 076 517 747
“the Date of Purchase” means the date the Product is purchased as evidenced by the properly dated receipt issued to the purchaser at the time of purchase.
“Life of the Product” means the period commencing on the Date of Purchase and continuing until the earlier of:
– the date of the purchase; and
– the date the purchaser assigns, transfers or otherwise divests itself of title or ownership to or of the Product; and
– the expiration of the serviceable life of the Product which for the purposes of this warranty shall be the date upon which the components and or materials used by the Supplier to manufacture the Product are no longer available; and
– the date which is two (2) years or ten (10) years (if extended) from the Date of Purchase.
“Product Maintenance Obligations” means washing down the Product with warm water containing a mild detergent (non-acidic and non alkaline) and using a soft non abrasive cloth;
“the Product” means FC Fence Panel;
“the Supplier” means Fencing Components Pty Ltd;
“FC Fence Panel” means tubular steel panels, including security fence, pool fence, decorative fence and balustrades;
“FC” stands for Fencing Components
“the Warranty Period” means, in the case of FC Steel Fence Products, two (2) years standard limited warranty or purchased ten (10) years extended limited warranty;
“the Prescribed Purpose” means for use as pool fencing or similar but specifically excludes animal enclosures, racks, shelves, car barriers, climbing devices and other weight bearing or inappropriate uses.